Paul Macek has been recognized throughout his career as a community leader; he is known for establishing high trust relationships with hospital boards, community leaders, physicians, executive teams, and employees to implement transformational changes in complex markets to achieve a shared vision for the future.
Paul previously served as President and CEO of Proctor Hospital and Proctor Health Care Inc. At Proctor, he engaged the board of trustees in a process to assess the strategy for remaining an independent community hospital as well as evaluating potential affiliation partners. This work resulted in the Unity Point Health Methodist/Proctor affiliation in November 2013. Paul has also served as the president of hospitals inleading healthcare systems such as BJC in St. Louis and Theda Care in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- President and CEO, Proctor Healthcare Inc.
- President, Christian Hospitals
- Senior Vice President, Operations, Stormont Vail Healthcare
- Senior Vice President, Hospital Division, Theda Care
- President, Theda Clark Regional Medical Center
- MA, Hospital Administration, University of Minnesota
- BA, Business and Hospital Administration, Concordia College
- Boeing Executive Leadership Program